Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2014 (bookish, not bookish or a blend)
Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2014 (bookish, not bookish or a blend)
5. Read 150 books- I read 100 this year which I am proud of but I want to read even more next year!
1. Read 250 books - it sounds like a lot but I read so many short novels and listen to so many audiobooks that I easily met that goal this year. I’d like to repeat though and possibly broaden my horizons to listen to a wider array of material.
2. Get Back Into the Swing of Blogging - this would be number one except I feel I am already making some progress on this. I have recently started blogging again at my Doctor Who blog, Chair With A Panda, and I have been able to start aligning my reading with Alisa’s once again. The big sub-goal here though is to record more audio reviews together – we both loved doing that and that’s been the hardest thing to arrange lately.
3. Go Back to YallFest - pretty self-explanatory. We had a marvelous time in 2013 and I really, really want to make it back there this year!
4. Learn Another Language - I am really awfully bad at learning languages. How I ever passed my German and Latin GCSEs I’ll never know but I can say I have retained very, very little of whatever I learned. Still, I really would like to be able to speak or at least understand another language. I may never be fluent but I can at least try…
5. Write That Book - do I think I’ll really do this? No. But I am getting closer to pushing myself to try. My biggest problem has always been getting to the point of completing a first draft. I start writing and then my total lack of writing confidence sets in and I find myself pouring back over what I’ve already written to edit. Still, I like to think I have an idea of what I’d like to write and hopefully I’ll be able to grit my teeth and just put something – anything – on paper.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish blog.