Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Favorite Romances
I tried to pick out some different choices from the would they make it post from last year! I tried to think more about which romances I enjoy reading about the most, not whether or not I think they would make in long term IRL.
1. Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre- I love how these two come from very difficult background, both having been misunderstood by those around them and they are drawn to each other because they understand one another.
2. Captain Wentworth and Anne Elliot from Persuasion-I like that they are two older and more experienced people who come together out of a mutual respect and regard.
3. Lord Peter Whimsy and Harriet Vane from Gaudy Night- I love how they instantly see each other’s worth but it is a struggle because of the way in which they meet and how they come to an accord in the end.
4. John Thornton and Margaret Hale from North & South- I like how their relationship starts out antagonistic and over time they see/respect eachother’s point of view, grow to admire and love one another.
5. Marianne and Phillip from Edenbrooke- This is another of those relationships where they misunderstand one another and I love the tension that creates. Like Captain Wentworth, Phillip sure can write a lovely letter. LOL
6. Tris and Four from Insurgent- I wasn’t as keen on this couple until the second book, I really like the changes the relationship goes and how strong the relationship is by the end of the book.
7. Eowyn and Faramir from Lord of The Rings- It’s a small bit of the story but when they meet each other at the ‘House of Healing’ they are both broken..and they heal each other which I think is lovely!
8. Jo and Professor Bhaer from Little Women- They are both poor as can be when they meet each other and in spite of the Professor criticizing Jo for not being true to herself they still get together. I think it’s a relationship based on admiration and friendship!
9. Cole and Niki from Everbound- LOL I know she is totally not into to him and it’s all Jack, but I am totally on team Cole ;P
10. Henry Tilney and Catharine Morland from Northanger Abbey- I love how teasy Henry is to Catharine and I believe Henry would be really good for Catharine, keeping her head out of the clouds.